Mapsend Topo Ver 3.00a Out Of Date?

SKYWLKR

has there been a lot of improvements to the newer versions?

is it worth the price for a new copy?

I guessing NO but what do you think?

if it was a Street version I would want to get the new one with the direct route (BTW: will this DR stuff work with an older Meridian?)

As stated in the FAQs below, the only difference between 3.0 and 4.20d are a track editor and (poor) support for SD writers. If either of these are worth the fee being charged (and I've heard dollar amounts ranging from $0 to $25) to you, go for it.

Which "older meridian" are you asking about? The model matters; the age doesn't. The models supported by DR - and there is an update pricing avaialble through the end of the year from magellan, but honestly, I think it's higher than street price - are listed in the FAQs and the Magellan web site.

I just got V4.20d and, IMHO, this is the most worthless software I have seen. I must have had over expectations because it offers less than MapSend DR.

DirectRoute and Topo serve two different purposes. The reason to buy the Topo product is if you want topo information (DirectRoute has no topo info in the dataset). The reason to buy DirectRoute is if you want turn by turn routing capabilities.

DirectRoute has a much more modern and accurate street database than the Topo, which used the tiger dataset.

What was it that you were wanting from the Topo software that you didn't get?

--Marky

I found Topo was ok for generating maps for the GPS, but otherwise did everything worse than some other mapping software program I might have. DR is something that I actually fire up for some occasions (finding an address, plotting a general route) other than map generation. Unless one really needed topo data, DR is the better buy (even costing more).