Cemetary Locationless....

fly46

Yeah... So the plan was to go to two cemetaries and make plans to hide a couple caches and find a couple locationless...

Riiiiiight.

What really happens is I drive around in circles going "oh, the angel of Bathesda looks awesome" or "look at how old that is!" or "I want a crypt like that!"

Didn't do a darn bit of looking around for any of the locationless caches I was needing to look for (I have a list that I need a cemetary to find)

The hour and a half I spent in the cemetary was only about 40 minutes cache hiding and an hour just looking at cool looking stuff.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Your not the only one.. We have done more then one cache that was located in a cemetary and even when they are 1/1 virtuals, we tend to spend along time to find the answers.

In Tucson we have a great cache setup by Silny Jako Bek called Evergreen Stories. I have never seen a negative log on it. We took the entire family, including in-laws, and made a true afternoon of it.

We found all sorts of interesting history and trivia about our own city just by reading the plaques and stones.

There were some famous historical markers one could even do locationless caches with, but I was so impressed with her cache that I dared not use them for fear of making a spoiler if anyone dug hard enough...

Make cemetary caches, old cemetaries are better IMHO, and we will go out of our way for them.

Your not the only one.. We have done more then one cache that was located in a cemetary and even when they are 1/1 virtuals, we tend to spend along time to find the answers.

In Tucson we have a great cache setup by Silny Jako Bek called Evergreen Stories. I have never seen a negative log on it. We took the entire family, including in-laws, and made a true afternoon of it.

We found all sorts of interesting history and trivia about our own city just by reading the plaques and stones.

There were some famous historical markers one could even do locationless caches with, but I was so impressed with her cache that I dared not use them for fear of making a spoiler if anyone dug hard enough...

Make cemetary caches, old cemetaries are better IMHO, and we will go out of our way for them.

If you're ever near Santa Cruz, check out Grave Diggers Cache. I've never seen so many strange materials used as tombstones before. Stained glass, cross sections of trees, etc.

We had to use things like cross sections of trees so that the locals would have something to hug! :lol:

I will say that some of the cemeteries here are really cool - old with unique things in them - but I'm looking forward someday to traveling East to see some of the old Civil War cemeteries and things of that sort.