Changes In Watchlist-emails

tobsas

I realized that in the watchlist-eMails the last entry "Search for caches from this location:" is no longer available (since Thursday or Friday?). I used this entry with the coordinates to update automatically the listing of the TB race "Rund um Deutschland 2004". (In detail: I take the coordinates and paint them into the map on this site and there are individual maps for each participant, I don't publish them [of course] in clear text.) I thought it's a good idea as I don't have to go to the webpage (generating traffic) and it's an automatic thing, nobody has to wait until I have the time to go online and update the pages.

So my question would be if it's possible to re-include this entry into the watchlist eMails? Or if it was no "accident", could anyone explain why the coordinates are removed from the watchlist-eMails?

Greetings from Germany,

Tobias

Thanks Laogai for your try to help. But it seems that the question is not worth an answer.

If someone read this with the power to answer: That's not increasing my motivation for using free time to promote Travel Bugs. But maybe you don't need it?

Greetings,

Tobias

I've been watching for an answer too, but I may already know. A while back, I started this thread which dealt with those coords. The short version ... if a bug is logged into a cache that has not yet been approved, the owner and watchers of the bug get the email with the coords that will be posted on the cache the bug is in.

While this may not be the right reason for them being removed, it'd be a good guess.

I know that issue even though I don't care about it personally and think it's kind of childish. However, any answer would be (of course) accepted by me. The point of an answer is that I know with what I can work or not. I thought Groundspeak is interested in selling TBs and an anual race is for sure a motivation for some geocachers to purchase TBs ... but it seems that I'm wrong. I'll keep on watching for an answer though but will not ask anymore.

Greetings,

Tobias