Pocket Query Madness

In Search Of Faeries

Hi, I searched for an answer before posting and found none so here goes....

I have used pocket queries several times as a search filter, I have not set them to run on specific days, or ever had them emailed to me.

I went to run one just now and it tells me I have reached my limit and need to delete some before I can do more.

Problem is I haven't saved any (to my knowledge) I have no list (as it mentions) to view or any option to delete anything?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :mad:

*One confused Faerie hunter*

I have used pocket queries several times as a search filter, I have not set them to run on specific days, or ever had them emailed to me.

I went to run one just now and it tells me I have reached my limit and need to delete some before I can do more.

Problem is I haven't saved any (to my knowledge) I have no list (as it mentions) to view or any option to delete anything?

When you run a pocket query, there is a checkbox to select that says "only run this query once, then remove it ". It's right below which days to run this query. You need to check this box each time you run a query if you don't want the query saved.

To see what queries you might have saved do this. Click on "my cache page" on the left hand side of the main geocaching.com page. Click on "run pocket query" that's right below "lookup/email another player". The next screen should show what queries you have saved to your account. You can have a maximum of 20 queries, so you should see twenty listed. They may all have the name of new query, if you didn't specify a name when you made the original query. The date of the query will be on the right hand side of each query.

Click on the name you have given a particular query. The next page will show all the parameters you specified for this particluar query. Scroll near to the bottom and you will see an option to delete this query on the right hand side. Delete it if you don't want it saved. You'll have to do this for each query that is saved to your account.

Just make sure to check the box "only run this query once then remove it" each time you run a query in the future so it won't be saved. Assuming you don't want it saved.

Hope this helps

LSUFan

Edited by LSUFan
Click on "run pocket query" that's right below "lookup/email another player". The next screen should show what queries you have saved to your account

I tried that and it goes to the screen that gives the option to run a new query and has the link for the user agreement, but there is no list there.

The following quote box contains the entire contents of the page that comes up when I click the run link.

My Pocket Queries

You first need to agree to the license agreement before creating a Pocket Query.

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file and/or MobiPocket eBook format that works with supported software applications. Because of the detailed queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket queries run every 24 hour period.

Using this service you agree to the terms of this license agreement.

Create a new query

You can create up to 20 queries. However, a maximum of 5 queries can be run each day.

Searches with lines through them are deleted searches that ran in the last 24 hours.

How Pocket Queries Work

Due to the complexity of Pocket Queries, a dedicated machine processes them in batches throughout the day.

The order they run is based on the last time the query ran last. Priority goes to new queries first, and the others run in the order of the oldest generated. So if you have a query run once a week it will arrive on that day much faster than someone who runs the query every day. It is recommended that you stagger your queries. Or even better, create new queries only when you need them.

If you don't need the files for your GPS or PocketPC, you can also run your Pocket Queries on the search page. This is also a great way to ensure that your Pocket Queries are returning the results you want.

any other suggestions as to whats wrong with it?

Thanks again

Oh, also if on that page I click create new query, it tells me I have reached my limit, and gives a link for return to list, I click it and it returns me to the above page with no list on it.

edited to add more info

Edited by In Search Of Faeries

Below is an example of my pocket query page with the location of where your query listings should be located. This is a graphics box. Do you have graphics turned off in your web browser (i.e. internet explorer, netscape, etc. ) so you can view pages faster. If you do have them turned off, you'll probably have to turn them on so you can view the box. Also I don't have the option of accepting the terms of pocket queries like you do at the first of your page. I have already accepted these terms. I wouldn't think that should have anything to do with it but maybe you should click on it and accept the terms, then try it again and see what happens.

My Pocket Queries

Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file and/or MobiPocket eBook format that works with supported software applications. Because of the detailed queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket queries run every 24 hour period.

Using this service you agree to the terms of this license agreement.

Name Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Last Generated (PST)

Preview (200) centralmiss 4/2/2004 4:10:53 AM

Preview (300) North Miss 4/17/2004 1:51:03 AM

Preview (100) mystery 6/4/2004 8:05:48 AM

Preview (200) vicksburg 40 8/21/2004 4:33:49 AM

Preview (100) shreveport 10/26/2004 6:37:11 PM

Preview (200) New Query 11/14/2004 2:58:02 AM

Total Queries/Day 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Create a new query

You can create up to 20 queries. However, a maximum of 5 queries can be run each day.

Searches with lines through them are deleted searches that ran in the last 24 hours.

How Pocket Queries Work

Due to the complexity of Pocket Queries, a dedicated machine processes them in batches throughout the day.

The order they run is based on the last time the query ran last. Priority goes to new queries first, and the others run in the order of the oldest generated. So if you have a query run once a week it will arrive on that day much faster than someone who runs the query every day. It is recommended that you stagger your queries. Or even better, create new queries only when you need them.

If you don't need the files for your GPS or PocketPC, you can also run your Pocket Queries on the search page. This is also a great way to ensure that your Pocket Queries are returning the results you want.

Also I don't have the option of accepting the terms of pocket queries like you do at the first of your page. I have already accepted these terms. I wouldn't think that should have anything to do with it but maybe you should click on it and accept the terms, then try it again and see what happens.

LSUFan Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

That was it exactly, I had never really paid attention to it before, and hadn't clicked it. It allways ran fine, but never emailed the queries to me. As soon as I accepted it, It emailed me my last ran query, and the list showed up right away.

I am really impressed with the geocaching community, you guys are so friendly and willing to help :mad:

Thanks Again!!!

That was it exactly, I had never really paid attention to it before, and hadn't clicked it. It allways ran fine, but never emailed the queries to me. As soon as I accepted it, It emailed me my last ran query, and the list showed up right away.

I'm glad that we got it to work. We both learned things about it. You just now have to go and delete all the queries you don't want, like we discussed earlier in this forum.

I agree with you in the community effort that geocaching is. I've never met a geocacher I didn't like or wasn't willing to help me if needed.

Thanks

LSUFan