Forum Index Feature

sept1c_tank

Each forum has an index listing the topic title, topic starter, replies, views and last actions. Clicking on the hyperlink in the replies column opens a new window that lists everyone who has posted to a particular discussion.

I love this feature.

In the new window, listing the topic posters, you can click on the poster’s name and view their profile page. From there you can view their recent posts and, if desired, scroll to their post on the subject of interest.

The only problem is, some people post a great deal, and depending on how old the topic is, you may have to view pages of unrelated posts to find the one(s) of interest.

Also, if a discussion is quite long, the poster may have made multiple replies, further complicating your search.

Wouldn’t it be useful if, instead of linking to the poster’s profile page, that link took you to the post(s) in a given thread? When you arrive at the desired post(s) there is still a link to the users profile page.

I am not a geek. Is this even possible? Would you use a feature like this? :D:blink:

I think this is something your would need to post over here.

I know little about software, and my question/suggestion is directed at the owners and users of these forums. Apparently there are few people on these boards that share my enthusiasm about this kind of feature, but since this topic drifted into oblivion, I wanted to surface it again to see what others think.

Simplifying my original post, I think a great (premium?) feature here would allow forum users to quickly search a given topic for posts by specific users. :rolleyes:

Interesting feature. I'd never noticed it. But I think you are right. Once you have the list of posters clicking on their post number for that thread should take you to a short list of posts that they have made in that thread and not to their profile.

I think you and Harrald are both right. Request it here, if TPTB like the idea then they can take it over to the forum software page ans support your idea that you have also posted over there.