What Is A Bellfish?

Gosffo

This is a slang word for something, I don't know what! I googled it and a bellfish is a croaker or drum fish. But I'm almost sure that's not what I want. For example a polecat is a skunk. It's a name people use for slang! So, does anyone out there have an idea for what a BELLFISH is???????

I guess this question was harder than I thought! I need it for a contest. I know it has to do with the outdoors and I was sure someone would know! We as cachers spend so much time outdoors. Well, I guess not enough! I'm almost sure I can't use the bell boy thing! Thanks for trying! At least you tried! Thanks! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have a gut feeling that whatever it really means, it's probably not safe for a family forum.

Kinda like a certain insult word used in the TV series "Red Dwarf". I won't repeat it, but one day a long time ago I found out what it meant, and gaaaaawwwwd.... I WISH I could have that concept and that word surgically removed from my brain! EWWWWWWW!

I have a gut feeling that whatever it really means, it's probably not safe for a family forum.

Kinda like a certain insult word used in the TV series "Red Dwarf". I won't repeat it, but one day a long time ago I found out what it meant, and gaaaaawwwwd.... I WISH I could have that concept and that word surgically removed from my brain! EWWWWWWW!

does it relate to "head-cheese"? ;)

Sounds like a good one. PM me.

Thanks again for the help! I'm sure we haven't gotten it yet! And I am almost sure it is not anything bad! It's just some kind of slang for an animal or maybe even a fish! I've written down both answers and will add it to the google I got, about the groaker. I just can't believe no one knows for sure!!!!! Thanks to all again! Keep thinking!!!!

The first link from Google said the following:

"This long legged, aquatic, silvery insect can be found swimming around islands, sucking on fish. In groups they look like a mass of shimmering orbs speeding through the water. It seems to have just a spherical head, no body, three legs and a tail sitting on top of his head. This gives it an unusual appearance and it is called therefore Bellfish."

What's wrong with this?