Do We Have A New Uk Reviewer?

I'm glad to see the Germans keep an eye on things over here. A bit more precision is welcome, particularly with such a sloppy-looking cache. I'm surprised it got past our approvers - must have slipped through the net... :P

Headline in tomorrow's Manx Courier:

"Sudden rash of cache review refusals hits Island!"

:):):):mad:;):P:):D:D

Seriously, I hope there's something happening behind the scenes about this.

Let's not forget that it was this sort of unnecessary interference in UK caching that caused such a furore a couple of months back.

I agree with the change, but it should have been made by The Hornet or, if it's felt to be a reviewer issue, Eckington.

I've just spoken to my friend, The Hornet :mad:

He assures me that Erik, who approved his cache back in 2002, had every right to do so way back then. Erik's still reviewing caches around the world where there's no local reviewer.

Also Laogi is a well respected reviewer and The Hornet was quite happy for him to make the suggested change. There's no hidden agenda here. Honestly.

Chill ;):P:P:):)

Edited by Lactodorum
where there's no local reviewer.

...being the key words.

Since we have two well respected reviewers in the UK, this sort of behaviour merely adds ammunition to those who want to move UK caching away from GC.com. This can only be to the detriment of caching in general.

Those words referred to when the cache was approved WAYYYY back.

I'm grateful to Laogi for responding to a need to change the cache type which was wrong and needed correcting. I should have noticed but didn't.

I'm not upset so let's not start making mountains out of molehills again. :mad:;)

As I said .... Chill :P:P:):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D

I've just drunk 2 pints of Bushy's best bitter on behalf of our excellent reviewing team, and toasted that superb cache - one of the best I've seen (although I think it should be adopted by fruity! :lol: Sorry...).

Can I stop creeping now?

I reckon :lol:

Drambuie Shandy?? Yeuchh...

Go do aRRKS's Great Bear in Cheshire. It's based around Wrenbury, and you can finish the series at the local micro-brewery.. Now *that* is a decent pint!

Hampk

Can't go back again to do the caches again just for a pint, but may persuade Steve Ball to take me out that way next time I'm in Nantwich...

First of all I want to apologise to Lactodorum and Eckington for stepping on their turf (dunno if this is the right expression?)!!!

Here is what happened: In a German geocaching forum there is this thread about wrongly labelled caches. One example was Oranges & Lemons - The final Cache by The Hornet.

I rushed in, checked the cache description and changed the type from Traditional to Mystery. It was not after I posted the reviewer note about the change that I realised that the cache is hidden in the UK and not in Germany.

My fault. I should have informed Eckington or Lactodorum about this or post it here in this forum before taking any actions. I try to do better next time, sorry!

(Wanted to post this yesterday evening but than my 7-days old son called and kept us busy the whole night.

Oh no, he is calling again…. :o )

Well that is handsome enough - now I really will have to learn German to understand your sig line!

Best wishes for the 7 day old - and your night's sleep whenever he lets you have any!

Konfuzius sagt: Die längsten Wege sind unbekannte Abkürzungen.

Dieses Posting wurde verfasst in Einklang mit der neuen Rechtschreibung vom 06.04.2008!

Approx translation:

Confucius says: the longest roads are hidden shortcuts

This post is in conformance with the new law of 6th April 2008.

Dieses Posting wurde verfasst in Einklang mit der neuen Rechtschreibung vom 06.04.2008!

Dear oh dear... German grammar... the verb always goes to the end of the sentence!

Dieses Schreiben wurde im Einklang mit der neuen Rechtschreibung vom 06.04.2008 verfasst.

And for those of you who are contemplating posting about "that horrible German-speaking grammar fascist", here's some light relief...

CENTURION: What's this, then? 'Romanes Eunt Domus'? 'People called Romanes they go the house'?

BRIAN: It-- it says, 'Romans, go home'.

CENTURION: No, it doesn't. What's Latin for 'Roman'? Come on!

BRIAN: Aah!

CENTURION: Come on!

BRIAN: 'R-- Romanus'?

CENTURION: Goes like...?

BRIAN: 'Annus'?

CENTURION: Vocative plural of 'annus' is...?

BRIAN: Eh. 'Anni'?

CENTURION: 'Romani'. 'Eunt'? What is 'eunt'?

BRIAN: 'Go'. Let--

CENTURION: Conjugate the verb 'to go'.

BRIAN: Uh. 'Ire'. Uh, 'eo'. 'Is'. 'It'. 'Imus'. 'Itis'. 'Eunt'.

CENTURION: So 'eunt' is...?

BRIAN: Ah, huh, third person plural, uh, present indicative. Uh, 'they go'.

CENTURION: But 'Romans, go home' is an order, so you must use the...?

BRIAN: The... imperative!

CENTURION: Which is...?

BRIAN: Umm! Oh. Oh. Um, 'i'. 'I'!

CENTURION: How many Romans?

BRIAN: Ah! 'I'-- Plural. Plural. 'Ite'. 'Ite'.

CENTURION: 'Ite'.

BRIAN: Ah. Eh.

CENTURION: 'Domus'?

BRIAN: Eh.

CENTURION: Nominative?

BRIAN: Oh.

CENTURION: 'Go home'? This is motion towards. Isn't it, boy?

BRIAN: Ah. Ah, dative, sir! Ahh! No, not dative! Not the dative, sir! No! Ah! Oh, the... accusative! Accusative! Ah! 'Domum', sir! 'Ad domum'! Ah! Oooh! Ah!

CENTURION: Except that 'domus' takes the...?

BRIAN: The locative, sir!

CENTURION: Which is...?!

BRIAN: 'Domum'.

CENTURION: 'Domum'.

BRIAN: Aaah! Ah.

CENTURION: 'Um'. Understand?

BRIAN: Yes, sir.

CENTURION: Now, write it out a hundred times.

BRIAN: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.

CENTURION: Hail Caesar. If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

BRIAN: Oh, thank you, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar and everything, sir! Oh. Mmm!

And I am the guy who did the posting - because the next two weeks I am in London for a business trip and also wanted to go caching. As it´s not too funny to search at the starting point of a multi like someone who lost his contact lenses, I checked the so-called "Traditionals" if they are real Traditionals or just wrong labeled.

I apologize for butting in - but please use the correct labels for your caches.

Thanks a lot,

Schnüffelstück

Edit: typo

Edited by Schnüffelstück

Speaking for myself and for my "friend" The Hornet, I would like to assure Laogai that neither of us are upset and that apologies are unnecessary :D

I've been involved in "maintenance" issues in the past where things have not gone exactly to plan so I understand. "We both" appreciate your apology, thanks.

The idea of a thread to report wrongly labelled caches is a good idea and I think I might start one in the UK forum.

Now the story has run its course I think I'll close this thread. Bye!!

p.s. I hope you enjoy your time in London Schnüffelstück. Pity you won't have time for Oranges and Lemons :D

Edited by Lactodorum