totally lost, no pun intended

agent216

ok. i've been dieing to get started geocaching. but moneys so tight, but i found, what seems to be a in perfect working condition.a MAGELLAN MAP 410. it has an instruction manual, but i am starting out on the wrong screen, just can't seem to make heads or tails.

does anyone live near tuckerton,new jersey, that could point me in the right direction, someone that knows the magellan map 410. that could show me how to use it. or should i just not even bother with the 410?

thanks for your time. mike

my email ccsracer216@yahoo.com

Edited by agent216

It's an old unit and I don't recall anybody using a 410 even when I started back in 2001. It seems that it should work for geocaching even though from what I could find on it, it was designed as a marine unit.

The two key skills you need to glean from your owners manual are how to mark a waypoint and how to edit it. That is how you enter cache coordinates. Mark, then edit the coordintes to match your destinatin.

I'll move this to the mid Atlantic forum where someone local to you is more likely to see this.

The new GPS info that they recently added to the GC.com website includes product reviews - and there are some people who have provided feedback about the use of this model Magellan for Geocaching. Here's the link: http://www.geocaching.com/reviews/gps_magellan_map-410

map410.jpg

If you need advice.. then perhaps some of the people who entered product reviews would also be willing to help you use the unit.

This goes all the way back to February - so who knows, maybe by now you've hit the lottery & purchased a brand-new top-of-the-line unit & no longer in need of a really really old & cheap unit like this one.

Good luck!