Aliens

You hit it on the head! My constant overriding fear in life -- one which may eventually drive me to an early grave -- is the fear that I may be abducted by space aliens while hunting a geocache and that they might perform dire experiments upon my body! In fact, I firmly believe that one or more geocaches have been emplaced by alien shapeshifters as a way of luring innocent humans out into the backcountry wilderness or outback, where they may be easily abducted. Even worse is the possibiity that they will -- via nasal and brain implants -- turn us into "chagelings", mere hapless robots serving evil alien masters!

More seriously, this promises to be a fun thread to keep an eye on!

Okay, I hate to open a can of worms here, but it is fairly well-known in some circles in certain parts of North America that at least three backcountry (very rural) geocaches were really placed by aliens -- and listed on gc.com by alien shapeshifters posing as humans -- in order to lure geocachers to these strategically-located remote areas where they could be easily abducted by the aliens for experimentation or for implantation with brain implants to henceforth render the cacher a hapless robot largely under the control of the aliens. In fact, I have it on good faith from reputable longstanding members of the national gc.com forums that at least two active members of the national geocaching forums are really alien shapeshifters, spying on the geocaching activities and forum postings of innocent Earth-bound human geocachers. This is truly a terrible and lamantable state of affairs!

Okay, I hate to open a can of worms here, but it is fairly well-known in some circles in certain parts of North America that at least three backcountry (very rural) geocaches were really placed by aliens -- and listed on gc.com by alien shapeshifters posing as humans -- in order to lure geocachers to these strategically-located remote areas where they could be easily abducted by the aliens for experimentation or for implantation with brain implants to henceforth render the cacher a hapless robot largely under the control of the aliens. In fact, I have it on good faith from reputable longstanding members of the national gc.com forums that at least two active members of the national geocaching forums are really alien shapeshifters, spying on the geocaching activities and forum postings of innocent Earth-bound human geocachers. This is truly a terrible and lamantable state of affairs!

Shhhhhhh...... :unsure:

I belive that there is something out There, but I dont belive that there is a race of beings that are advanced enough to travel the vast interstealer distances between any known planets and earth. Also, If they came here, what intrest would they have in geocaching? (think that thyey would take a few travel bugs with them? Talk about miles!)

Also, even though I dont realy belive in UFOs, I still belive that I have seen one! :unsure:

Oh yeah, too far north, it's the snow fumes that keeps them away.

Aliens? Got plenty of 'em, if it weren't for them you couldn't have your Tyson chicken, lawn mowed, Mexican nor Chinese food, nor a house built.

As to those little green men we's gots lots of 'em around these parts too, at least that's what Bubba and Mrs. Bubba keep claiming. Cows were getting chewed up and black helicoptors were all the rage just awhile back. Been pretty quiet recently.

And ya know why they do them probes where they do? Dental hygiene or the lack thereof. These are my folks God love 'em, I'll poke fun at 'em if'n I want to.

Me? I've not had the pleasure, but if'n I do I'll be sure to try and bag one with my shotgun after the hounds trees it.

Now, yall watch out for them snow fumes ya hear?

Just a reminder to you Yank's out there. It is perfectly okay for one southerner to poke fun at his own. You try it, and it'll go over like a lead balloon. But by all means go ahead, there is nothin' we like to do better that to give a good ol' southern butt kickin'. (Just not in here, that would be off topic.)

[Getting back on topic myself now]

I don't believe in aliens (Outer space kind) but I do believe in UFO's. I think the military has really advanced and amazing aircraft they are keeping secret. ;) Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

I've never seen a UFO, but if I start doing some night caches, maybe it'll increase the chances. :blink::blink:

Just a reminder to you Yank's out there. It is perfectly okay for one southerner to poke fun at his own. You try it, and it'll go over like a lead balloon. But by all means go ahead, there is nothin' we like to do better that to give a good ol' southern butt kickin'. (Just not in here, that would be off topic.)

[Getting back on topic myself now]

What makes you think any of us Yanks would even DREAM of making fun of y'all fine corn fed suthen'rs ?

Why, we's so worried bout gettin beat with a hose pipe, we wouldn't DARE ! ;)

My folks are livin in Maiden, North Carolina area. I hope to come down and see for myself some of the "unique" things I hear about the south.

Anyways, wanna see aliens ? Watch the movie "Signs", then do a rural cache at night near a cornfield here in PA. Amazing what your mind can contrive.

I just hope you all know that you are being monitored on this website. Not by Jeremy and the rest of the Groundspeak crew, but by those above us circling the earth secretly. You've now found the secret, just as I did a few months back, when I posted this on the Florida Geocaching Association website:

"I'm not sure what planet he's from, but late last night I was 1 digit away from cracking this thing. That's the last I remember. When I woke up this morning, I was miles from home, in the woods, no clothing on, a bump on the back of my head and strange little marks all over me. I found a farm and the farmer gave me a ride home. When I got home, I discovered a crop circle in the front yard!!! Somebody should call the Air Force!"

Everybody thought I was kidding, but...I still can't get grass to grow in those spots in the front yard and I'm not allowed to use the microwave anymore now that we're on our 4th in the last 6 months. My wife says it's something about the things keep blowing through the kitchen wall, but I think she's actually becoming suspicious. I'm not saying the aliens exist, if you're reading this from outer space, I'M REALLY NOT SAYING THAT!!!, but I am warning you to watch what you say here.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE EBAY LINK IS FOR ALUMINUM FOIL HATS??? :ph34r:

Hey. I've been to a few of those.

The Fallen Angel Mother Ship

Project X: Little Green Men Cache

Rock-A-Bye-Alien Cache

Hmm, come to think of it, the cache placer is an alien!

But I've not been abducted, yet...

I have never seen an alien, but did get too skeered to go do this one on a night expedition, was all by myself and decided to pass it up!!! Grew up hearing about the Mothman and when I got to the road, it was WAY to dark.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...bb-197a189b2eb4

For more info, check out the links below, strap on your bug spray and hit the woods.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page625.html