Garmin Nuvi: Adding Waypoints From Pc

restie

I just bought the Garmin NUVI. It's a great product. My question is does anyone know if there are any programs that I can use to add waypoints from my PC to the NUVI?

I tried using EasyGPS but it doesn't add all the waypoints and the info in the waypoints are incomplete. It transfers only one or two waypoints and it doesn't even transfers the titles.

Thanks for the help.

Restie

Nuvi will actually consume GPX files. If you can actually mount it as a disk on whatever OS you're using and copy a pocket query to it and it will work. Nuvi will immediately throw away everything but the cache name and coords, but it will work.

So you might want to use a tool (I'm partial to GPSBabel, but that's just me) to replace the GC# with a better name.

gpsbabel -s -i gpx -f yourpq.gpx -o gpx,snlen=30 -F /path/to/your/nuvi/Garmin/waypoints/blah.gpx

should do it.

I could be a little off on the pathname, but once ou know it's a disk it's self-evident.

When you disconnect (and remember to do this from the OS to give the disk writes a chance to retire) Nuvi will roam that directory looking for GPX files, chomp on them, and then display them on next boot. You'll then have one "reduced" GPX file left in that directory.