www.geocacheuk.com

Wavelength

I started geocahing in 2004 but after 6 monthes of caching I stopped. :( I have recently taken it back up if only to get fit again. :ninja:

I loved Teasels site www.geocacheuk.com as this allowed me to find caches near to where I live, caches that haven't been found and being able to sort the caches by difficulty or terrain.

Since I have returned the above website is down. I have read various posts, and they seem to indicate that the site may not return. Is this true and if so are there any other websites that are more dedicated to the UK geocachers.

If you become a premium member you can run pocket queries that allow you to select the difficulty and/or terrain value you wish.

If you get GSAK, you can download cache listings (either individually or using pocket queries) and sort them by distance/difficulty/terrrain or any of a number of criteria.

As for a UK geocachers webite, try the Geocaching Association of Great Britain (GAGB for short) website which is fun, friendly and packed full of interesting info for UK cachers.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Edited by Von-Horst

I agree about the previous post about cache ratings but it’s like everything else - people have different opinions. If we all liked the same things then life would be boring. I particularly like puzzle caches where work needs to be done before the cache can be found. I have been looking at "Ancient Amber" for ages and still cannot fathom it out. (Any hints would be appreciated). However I will get there eventually.

Thanks for that Mike I will check them out. Does anybody know whether Teasels site will reappear, seems such a shame that it has gone

There has been some activity in the background which if it comes to fruition will see G:UK come back more secure and able to handle the No's of caches.

Interesting..... any update on what "might" be happening ?

Cheers