thanks country file

wotanykey

hi all well having this morning seen the geocaching item on country file. i had never heard of the word before that! i have now found you all on line, become a premium member, and ordered a garmin off ebay, and i cant wait till it comes to get started .........i have always had an interest in direction finding (using radio equip to find a transmitter hidden somewhere in the country side) but never took part as it was always a bit "radio hamy" , but i can see that this has the great fact that all u need to join in is a gps in yr pocked, and also to be able to use your skills to hide caches for others to find

Just out of intrest Chris Packham did a simaler one for Insideout in2003 the link is here.

They relised a TB called Gulliver who could be tracked at www.gulliverbear.co.uk but natrualy this site is now dead - I wonder what happend to it? Does anyone know what the TB no. was? It would be intresting to find out the history.

Edit: Found another one placed by Chris; TB15D7 which is now in Hamburg

Edited by Hampshire_Hog