Attributes to Exclude - Bug

thumper369

I noticed there was some talk about this subject on this post Attributes as a searchable, but I did not see a post dedicated to it.

When I create a query and try to exclude an attribute, it excludes any caches that do not have any attributes. Is there a way around this? Or do we know when it will be fixed?

What I am trying to accomplish is I have a search created for Small Regular and Large caches that are listed as Kid Friendly. I have another query that has the other sizes and is kid friendly. I want a third query that includes all sizes but excludes the kid friendly results so my results are not duplicated. What I end up with is excluding some that I want to be in the results because they do not have any attributes.

In the short run is there a way to query for caches that have no attributes?

I believe thumper369 noticed the same behavior for excluding attributes that I did:

If I exclude a positive attribute it excludes any cache with no attributes. If I exclude a negative attribute it excludes any caches that do not have at least one negative attribute.

For example, if I want to exclude caches that allow dogs, it excludes caches caches with no attributes set but seems to include any cache with at least one attribute, including both with dogs allowed and dogs not allowed. If I want to exclude caches with no dogs allowed it excludes any cache except those that have at least one negative attribute, including no dogs allowed. At least that's the way preview works. I did not schedule the PQ to see what gets returned in the GPX file.

Edited by tozainamboku

I believe thumper369 noticed the same behavior for excluding attributes that I did:

If I exclude a positive attribute it excludes any cache with no attributes. If I exclude a negative attribute it excludes any caches that do not have at least one negative attribute.

For example, if I want to exclude caches that allow dogs, it excludes caches caches with no attributes set but seems to include any cache with at least one attribute, including both with dogs allowed and dogs not allowed. If I want to exclude caches with no dogs allowed it excludes any cache except those that have at least one negative attribute, including no dogs allowed. At least that's the way preview works. I did not schedule the PQ to see what gets returned in the GPX file.

Yes, this is what is hapening. I want to have two searches. One that includes Kid friendly (currently working) and one that excludes Kid Friendly (currently works but also excludes caches with no atributes). The result is 2 good queries with expected results, but missing any caches with no atributes, theirfor not covering all caches.