The 2009 CITO Date has been set! It's official. May 2 & 3, 2009

AuntieNae

We should have more information by next week, please stay tuned. And yes, it's usually right around Earth Day, but for CITO purposes should be on a weekend when most people are available to pitch in.

But remember, every day is a good day for a CITO.

(Where have I seen that before? :grin: )

This is a little confusing:

According to http://www.earthday.net/ Earth day is 22 April 2009.

According to http://www.earthsite.org/ Earth day is 20 March 2009.

Do we have two different Earth Days?

On earthsite.org it says: "The original Earth Day, on the March equinox"

The links on the earthsite.org seems like they have very little to do with earth day, so I think they are not very creditable.

We are still working out the schedule but it will probably be right around April 25, 2009.

I remembered reading this thread when it was posted. Came back here tonight to check the answer, and was quite surprised to see this is probably still up in the air. International Earth Day is celebrated on the March equinox (Friday March 20, 2009).

U.S. Earth Day is officially every April 22 (a Wednesday in 2009). Celebrating organizations are split between the weekend before and after with the 22nd falling mid week. I wonder if you can shine some light on "We are still working out the schedule". Schedule? You can't just pick a date and go with it?

We are still working out the schedule but it will probably be right around April 25, 2009.

I remembered reading this thread when it was posted. Came back here tonight to check the answer, and was quite surprised to see this is probably still up in the air. International Earth Day is celebrated on the March equinox (Friday March 20, 2009).

U.S. Earth Day is officially every April 22 (a Wednesday in 2009). Celebrating organizations are split between the weekend before and after with the 22nd falling mid week. I wonder if you can shine some light on "We are still working out the schedule". Schedule? You can't just pick a date and go with it?

Man your CITO events must be enormous undertakings if you are chomping at the bit 5 for a date months early.

It is official!!!

The date is set for the 2009 CITO. It will be held on May 2, and 3rd, 2009.

So whether you live in the Garden State, the Pine Tree State, the Nutmeg State, the Granite State, The Mountain State, the Ocean State, The Prairie State, The Great Lakes State, the Hawkeye State, The Hooier State or the Keystone State, the North Star State, the Lone Star State, or somewhere near the Golden Gate, you've got two days to celebrate, grab your soul mate, participate, set things straight, just don't wait, negotiate, pick some ugly real estate, and grab your friends and congregate, soon the place will look just great! Don't be late, set the date! Maybe even CITO an interstate.

The CITO Event Calendar

color_citoNOtext300.gif

It is official!!!

So whether you live in the Garden State, the Pine Tree State, the Nutmeg State, the Granite State, The Mountain State, the Ocean State, The Prairie State, The Great Lakes State, the Hawkeye State, The Hooier State or the Keystone State, the North Star State, the Lone Star State, or somewhere near the Golden Gate, you've got two days to celebrate, grab your soul mate, participate, set things straight, just don't wait, negotiate, pick some ugly real estate, and grab your friends and congregate, soon the place will look just great! Don't be late, set the date! Maybe even CITO an interstate.

The CITO Event Calendar

color_citoNOtext300.gif

Great.

We will participate.

It will be Heavy Lift IV, not Heavy Lift VIII

But local cachers will move awesome weight.

The dump takes the trash and charges no freight

That is because we associate

With the local "Parks and Recreate" (-ion Department)

Thanks Eartha

It is official!!!

Wow, that wasn't even one of the two discussed possibilities. That's the way I choose things.

International Earth Day is celebrated on the March equinox (Friday March 20, 2009).

U.S. Earth Day is officially every April 22 (a Wednesday in 2009).

It is official!!!

The CITO Event Calendar

color_citoNOtext300.gif

I'll be keeping a close eye on cachers and CITO organizers in 2009

keep your eyes open and your trashbags filled

think green - think clean

I am working on some shirts i will be giving away at a CITO i am hosting in Oregon.

I am hosting the event on April 18th instead of the May 2nd & 3rd due to Idaho usually holding one on the main date.

If nobody steps up in Idaho soon for a May 2nd or 3rd date i will step up and host that as well.

It is great to see so many make a difference in our world.

Oregon BLM office is amazing at the involvment they have with this event in April and i hope your local areas are just as good to work with.

Good luck to all on there events.

Please make them kid freindly so they will learn the values for what we can do to make a difference.

I for one hope there will be a t-shirt for this year. I was bummed not having one offered for '08.

I think T-shirts are great; what better way to introduce someone to geocaching than by explaining what CITO stands for ;)

I don't have the official word on T-shirts yet, but there is a CITO geocoin at the Shop Groundspeak store that is on sale now.

As soon as any word comes through on other gear, I'll be sure to post here, or you can keep an eye on the Shop Groundspeak store, and maybe be the first to know! B)

Hi

we will have two Cito on these days. The first one is devoted to the Oceans.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a0-ad1978b3e1c7

PL

PLnauta, I love the idea of dedicating one of your CITO events for the oceans. Have you seen the new Google Earth Oceans feature? It just came out recently.

I have posted the CITO event for Southern Maine. It will be held once again at Mount Agamenticus, on May 3rd. I hope to see everyone make it from Maine and New Hampshire, and join in all of the fun. If you have never been to Mt. A. it is beautiful and I hope we can all help it stay that way. Lots of caches around the area too! :D

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...70-da08ca11fd33

Oh No! Same day as the Flash Mob Event?!?

The Flash Mod events have been set for May 2. I would rather have had my event listed for Saturday but thought I would get a better turn out if I made it for Sunday. Let's see........log a smiley for attending an event in 15 minutes, or help collect trash for 3 hours. :D

The true intention of CITO is to help preserve the natural beauty of our outdoor resources. It is meant to offer help to places that are littered with garbage, or otherwise need the help of enthusiastic community members to get in better shape. These places are our playing fields, and so this is our chance to give back substantially.

A flash mob would not truly contribute to this environmental initiative and such an event would threaten the value of Cache In Trash Out.

In case anyone is wondering, no CITO set up as a flash mob will be published.

The true intention of CITO is to help preserve the natural beauty of our outdoor resources. It is meant to offer help to places that are littered with garbage, or otherwise need the help of enthusiastic community members to get in better shape. These places are our playing fields, and so this is our chance to give back substantially.

A flash mob would not truly contribute to this environmental initiative and such an event would threaten the value of Cache In Trash Out.

In case anyone is wondering, no CITO set up as a flash mob will be published.

This comes out here in Portugal to. Probably we will set a Flash Mob event at a small town near the CITO place and that woud allow people that will work hard at the CITO to flash for a while.

Instead of a smiling face, they'll get two smiling faces and lot of pleasure doing something for nature. Even if it is symbolic.

PL