Locationless Querys?

The Cache Couple

Run 2 PQ's. In each select just "Locationless (reverse) cache" for the cache type.

In one, click the countries radio button, then click the first country on the list, scroll to the bottom of the list and then Shift-click the bottom country on the list. Don't select anything in the "From origin" fields.

On the second one, do the same thing, using the States/Provinces field, instead of the countries. As long as there are less than 500 caches in each "area" this should get all the Locationless caches into 2 PQ's. Then you can use a program like ClayJar's Watcher (www.clayjar.com) to merge the two into one file.

What are the total hits anyone else gets when this is done? Just wondering. I did bot queries and get 279 from the states/prov one and only 75 from the country one. The odd part is that the 75 from the country search all appear to be on the other one. Is that right? Is there a need to run both? When I run them thru the Cachemate convert program it tells me how many unique ones when I add the lists to be converted. I always end up with 279. This is of course minus my finds (23). This does seem accurate, I just did a search for all current locationless caches and it had 300, minus 21 (two of my found caches have been archived) equals 279. You may be able to do only a states/provinces query to get them all.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery
What are the total hits anyone else gets when this is done? Just wondering. I did bot queries and get 279 from the states/prov one and only 75 from the country one. The odd part is that the 75 from the country search all appear to be on the other one. Is that right? Is there a need to run both? When I run them thru the Cachemate convert program it tells me how many unique ones when I add the lists to be converted. I always end up with 279. This is of course minus my finds (23). This does seem accurate, I just did a search for all current locationless caches and it had 300, minus 21 (two of my found caches have been archived) equals 279. You may be able to do only a states/provinces query to get them all.

That's what I get as well I have 20 finds if you subtract the ones that are archived. My PQ using just the states highlighted and subtracting my finds came up with 280. 280+20=300.

So I don't think you need to do two PQ's in order to get them all.